Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Speculoos!

I had to wake up a bit early to write a few paragraphs for class, which was again just essay practice (tomorrow I have to give a ten minute speech woo). We then went to another lecture on the history of fashion, which I thought was going to be really cool, but turned out to be a bit boring.

Anyway it finished pretty early so I had the afternoon to wander around St. Germain, and found the famous Ladurée tea house, so will definitely be going back there at some point! I also snuck in to Monoprix (the supermarket) to buy SPECULOOS. If you've never heard me go on about it before, it's basically a caramel/nutty tasting spread that Chelsea (my sister) discovered whilst in France.
Put it on toast mmmm.


In the evening we went back to uni for more drinks and then they played a movie 'A bout de souffle' (Breathless), by Godard. I'm sure it has amazing cinematography and it's all 'Nouvelle vague' (new wave) and stuff, but after a few drinks it's pretty slow moving so we all nearly fell asleep!
Pretty much about a guy who's a thief, trying to go out with this American chic who sells papers in Paris blah blah blah. I don't think I will ever understand French cinema (and I swear it's not the language that's the problem)

No comments:

Post a Comment