Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dimanche: Fermé

At the moment Paris is in the midst of the 'Soldes' (Sales) so the shops are absolutely crazy! I had a grand plan to walk down the Champs-Élysées and then check out Galeries Lafayette, but then I realised it was Sunday. On Sunday the majority of shops in Paris are closed. I think historically it had something to do with going to church, but now is more likely due to the French allergy to work.


Anyway it was a beautiful sunny day so I took a long walk all the way down the left bank, along the Esplanade David Ben Gourion.
Not entirely sure why this was named after him, might have to do some research.


Eventually I arrived at La Tour Eiffel and treated myself to un crêpe chocolat-banane.
I then headed home, past the Musée d'Orsay and Le Pont Alexandre III.
Check out that blue sky!

Orientation starts tomorrow so the real fun begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment