Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Friday, January 21, 2011

Châtelet

After minimal sleep I trudged into class but luckily I just had to sit there and listen to other people give their expose. We then all caught the metro over to Châtelet/Les Halles where a final-year Sciences Po student met us to give us a walking tour of the area. It was really cool, but today is around -1 so it was absolutely FREEZING and thus a little bit unpleasant towards the end.

The area is right across from  Île Saint-Louis


This is something important on the Boulevard Sebastopol, but I can't remember what it is.


I think I was more distracted by this street sign... (Harry Potter fans will understand)


Finally we went past the Centre Georges Pompidou which I will explain in more detail another time, because I am going to a Mondrian exhibition there.

After the tour we went shopping around the area, and my friend Sidoney took us to an incredibly vintage  shop, which was HUGE and perfectly sorted into categories (unlike Vinnies!!). I didn't really buy anything though, vintage isn't so much my thing. I did have some success at H&M :)


In the evening we went to my friend Hallie for dessert and a few drinks, before heading to a really cool bar called 'Les Disquaires'. A few of us left at about 1 though to catch the last metro home because tomorrow night is the official welcome party so sleep is the priority!!

No comments:

Post a Comment