Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Friday, January 21, 2011

Bateau Mouche (booze cruise)

Bit of a crazy day, had my class in the morning and gave my expose which was fine, and then we went to a little 'Asia Pacific' student welcome. I only stayed for a few macaroons and then went home to get all my clothes ready for the evening (it's definitely much colder than earlier in the week).

We had a library visit at 5 so they could show us how to use the fairly complicated system, because given that the uni is in the middle of Paris they don't really have space to keep all their books on shelves so you have to order them at least a few hours in advance and they go to the 'closed stacks' or the library further away to pick it up.

I then took my first metro ride to Bastille, where a bunch of girls met for sushi! Yes SUSHI! I was very excited as it's delicious and fairly cheap, so will definitely be heading back there (my area is quite pricey).
We then realised we were running hugely late for the boat cruise on the Seine, so we sprinted through the station, squeezed onto the metro as it was pulling away, ran along the river and made it just in time to catch the Bateau Mouche.

A bateau mouche is basically a barge that give tours along the Seine, but no one really paid that much attention to the audioguide as I think drinking to stay warm was a much higher priority. It was pretty awesome.
The cruise went for an hour, by which time everyone had pretty much polished off the secret stash and we headed back to some of my friends' share apartment in Le Marais. La Tour Eiffel also decided to put on a show...

After a few more hours at the apartment we headed out to a club called 'Hideout' which was lots of fun and we danced like crazy (especially avoiding sleazy French men). We got back to their apartment at 4 so I slept on the couch before heading home around 9, sitting through class today might be a challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment