Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Friday, February 25, 2011

Une Interview et Un Dîner du Conf

Wednesday I had my 8am economics lecture and then I had to prepare my interview for Monsieur Jacques Henrard, the Secrétaire Général of Jeunesse au Plein Air, a non-profit organisation in France that provides disadvantaged kids with leisure and holiday opportunities. This is an assignment for my course on the non-profit sector, and I've literally been ringing charities out of the blue and asking for an interview. This is the man who finally said yes! haha...

I was furious when my partner didn't show up to the interview (she got 'lost', after already missing our other meeting), but I went in by myself and he turned out to be really nice, not at all intimidating. I asked him questions for about half an hour and I think I understood his replies.

I then had class and after that we all went out for dinner with the teacher in St. Germain, which is called a "Dîner du Conf" (conf is short for conférence). It was great to speak to heaps of the French students, and I met a guy called 'Sylvain Trépide' who is coming to USyd for a year on exchange! What a stereotypically French name.

I then went to bed, absolutely exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment