Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Promenade en Vélib

On Tuesday I got up to do some work before my class on wage determination, which was fairly uneventful. I did however manage to meet my partner for my exposé, who unfortunately is another exchange student. We both agreed that even though it's awesome to speak English, that fact that we have to speak for 15 minutes, in French, on possible reforms to the current laws governing employer representation, lack of French general knowledge may make things difficult.

After class I went and met Phoebe and Gabrielle for un promenade en vélib! Basically all around Paris are these bikes and you can put in your credit card details, take one and set off. You can then put them back at any of the other stands across the city. We picked some up near SciencesPo and set off along the Seine.



It was so much fun, we rode around the Île St-Louis and finally headed over to the Bastille, where we dropped off our bikes and stopped for a pain au chocolat! The only problem is that everyone tends to take bikes from the same place, and try and drop them off at the same place, so it can be difficult to 'dispose' of the bike when you're finished. Excellent idea though.


When I got home, I just happened to glance at the concierge's door and suddenly discovered that I had mail! Apparently she didn't feel the need to actually let me know that she was holding things for me...
Anyway I received a lovely notebook from Granny Nette (just in case I happen to forget what home looks like...) and an awesome postcard from Chels and Zel from South Africa! Wooo!

Thanks :)

In the evening I did some work before heading to bed early, gotta love those 8am lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment