Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl - Go Pack Go

Sunday was extremely lazy, as I had to read and summarise an entire French government report on enterprise bargaining, fun fun, I think I nearly went crazy. If they throw one more acronym in I might collapse: SMIC, OPCA, MEDEF, CDI, CDT ahhhhh

However in the evening it was game time!! There are a lot of American exchange students here, and my friend Jake's team (The Packers) had actually made the superbowl, which is the final of the National Football League in America. We decided to be super-classy and pre-drink a few bottles of wine in the street, stopping at the lolly shop on the way.


We eventually entered 'The Moose' and the atmosphere was amazing! The team colours of the Packers are green and yellow so I felt like I had to support them. It was a crazy mix of American and French fans, with everyone chanting their team songs (Go Pack Go!) and generally having a good time.


The game only actually goes for one hour, played in 15 minute quarters (lame), but the superbowl goes for three hours as they drag it out as long as possible. I made it to half time at 2am before heading home to crash. No worries though, we won!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment