Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Centre Georges Pompidou

Lundi
On Monday I spent most of the day doing my uni work so I don't have to do it during the week, but in the afternoon I finally ventured outside to meet Phoebe, Simon and Ross at the Centre Georges Pompidou.


The centre houses the Library of Public Information, the National Museum of Modern Art (the largest in Europe) and IRCAM, a centre for music and acoustic research. It was designed by a team including Italian architects Renzo Piano and Gianfranco Franchini, and the British couple Richard and Su Rogers. Originally all of the functional structural elements of the building were colour coded and placed on the outside (e.g. electrical pipes were yellow, plumbing pipes were green), however most of them have now been painted white.

After going inside the incredible entrance hall and flashing our student cards (free entry, score!) we headed up the crazy escalators to see the incredible art collection.


We weren't allowed in to the Mondrian exhibition (not even SciencesPo students get that for free haha), however we wandered through the permanent collection for ages and even then probably only saw half of it! Picasso, Kandinsky, Miro, architects, mathematicians, furniture designers, it was absolutely huge, with a stunning view over Paris.


After three hours it was getting dark so we decided to head home but I will definitely be returning!

Mardi
Tuesday I got up super early and finished my fiche de lecture on that silly report, and had my class on l'Entreprise et le Dialogue Social which I am beginning to enjoy. I was very glad to meet up with the girls for a nice lunch though and forget about work.

After that Zoe (an Italian friend) and I went shopping!! My boots have taken a bit of a battering the last few weeks, and everything is on sale here so we went on a serious shoe-hunt. Just down my street there are tons of shoe shops, and after only half an hour I hit the jackpot. The perfect pair of black leather boots, half price, in my size. Success.

By the evening I was pretty tired so decided to take it easy as I have class at 8am on Wednesday, not so much looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment