Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Un Falafel et Du Patinage Sur Glace

Tuesday was excellent!! I woke up early to go to the library and then at 12:30 I gave my presentation on 'La Représentativité Patronale' i.e. employer representation. Given the fact that it was in French, about complicated French law, that not even French people can understand, it went pretty well and the teacher said it was probably worth a credit! (I just love how they give you an approximate grade in front of the whole class at the end. Not).

After that I met all the girls in the cafeteria for lunch, before going to finish my economics assignment with another friend from class.

I then headed over to Le Marais, which is the Jewish/gay quartier for falafels at Pitzman! I swear they are even better than the ones in Israel and they're only 5 euro so I will definitely be a regular. It is very funny to walk in and find everyone wearing kippot.


Talk about cultural confusion, but it's DELICIOUS...


After that we headed over to the Hôtel de Ville where they have an ice skating rink to do some "patinage" (skating). It was so much fun and I even managed not to fall over! There were also some really pro skaters that were good to watch.


Finally after skating we went to the Ben & Jerry's shop for ice cream and invested in a tub of "Chunky Monkey" i.e. banana/walnut/chocolate to end the night. Perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment