Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Friday, February 4, 2011

Officially SciencesPo.

Mercredi
Wednesday I had my first lecture in English (Industrial Economy) at the charming hour of 8am. Luckily it doesn't seem too hard, but the lecturer has a very strong French accent which is pretty hysterical, especially when he forgets to speak English and finishes his sentences in French. He was talking about "l'amiante" as a potential liability for ages before I realised he was talking about asbestos.

After that I experienced more delightful French bureaucracy. They have five people in the admin office, three who stand around talking/smoking and one who sits at her desk and ignores you. The only lady that actually serves anyone takes 20 minutes per person, so after waiting an hour for the five people in front of me, I finally enrolled and got my student card! Kinda makes me look like a serial killer but whatever. I'm in.

In the afternoon I went for a run then headed to another French class, "Le monde associatif en France", which is all about the non-profit sector. It seems ok, we have to interview a French person who works for a non-profit though, so that could be a bit scary.

I only finished class at 9:15pm, and then headed over to Ross and Simon for a few drinks, and then all us girls caught the metro home around 12:30.


Jeudi
Thursday I had another 8am class, this time a tutorial, which looks like it might be a bit tough but everyone was really friendly. I have to give a 15 minute speech on 'The evolution of totalitarianism from the 1920's' which I know absolutely nothing about, but luckily it's only in a month or so. I then went and finished my visa administration before I met my tutor for the French lecture course, who is going to help with all the tricky French methodology.

In the evening I decided to host pre-drinks, so we squished nine of us into my 13m2 studio and got a bit rowdy. I think it's a pretty clear reflection of the exchange lifestyle that my fridge currently contains a quarter of a baguette, half a wheel of brie and a near-empty bottle of vodka. We then went to Mixclub in Montparnasse which hosts the 'Erasmus' parties for international students, and it was absolutely crazy. We danced till 3 and trekked home with very sore feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment