Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gateau et Gainsbourg

On Sunday I decided to walk from my place to Montmartre (which takes about an hour) in order to visit a famous bakery, Le Grenier à Pain, which supposedly has some of the best baguettes in Paris! I managed to convince my friend to join me and we set off on a fairly long trek. We eventually made it and were not disappointed! Even though I didn't try a plain baguette, I had the most delicious tomato and mozzarella bread, which they heat up on the spot. We then tried an incredibly sticky caramelised apple tart, sitting on the hill.




In the afternoon I went to a picnic at the Tuileries gardens, just next to the Louvre. This is one of the few parks in Paris where you are actually allowed to sit on the grass!


We also managed to create 'un dessert' of our own... baguette with nutella and peanut butter M&Ms. Genius.



For dinner we headed over to Le Marais to get falafels to eat on the side of the Seine, given that the weather is finally starting to warm up, woooooo!



We then headed back to the boys' place to watch some movies, an excellent lazy Sunday!

On Monday I slept in late (finally!!) and then went to meet my friend Hillary for coffee, before heading over to Serge Gainsbourg's old house, just behind SciencesPo on Rue de Verneuil. It has become a kind of shrine where people write messages and leave lipstick marks...




After that I went home to do some work because it was starting to rain a little bit. Only two more days of class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment