Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Giverny

I HAVE FINISHED SCIENCES PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's kind of bittersweet, I am definitely glad that the crazy workload is gone, but I'm going to miss hanging out at uni and I am definitely not ready to leave.

I will write more about my exams/last few days later, but on Thursday (the day before my French exam) I went with Granny Rain and Oupa Rods to Giverny, to Monet's house and gardens. They have been staying here in Paris and it has been fantastic to spend time with them.

We caught a 50 minute train out to Vernon (after battling through St. Lazare train station in peak hour) and then caught a short shuttle bus to the gardens. My friends Zoe, Hillary and Jake also came, but they cycled from the train station. It was absolutely stunning, and so funny because I could just imagine him sitting there painting the waterlilies and the house and the little green bridge!









And the famous pond...





It was very well set out, because even though there were a lot of people there, you could only really walk in one direction so it didn't feel too crowded. The flowers were amazing.









After we had finished walking around the gardens we went and bought a baguette and ate it on a hill nearby, so French.


We then got a bit unlucky, as the shuttle from Giverny to the train station at Vernon was late, so we missed the early train and had to wait around for about an hour and a half, but I had brought my study notes with so managed to get some reading done, whilst Granny Rain and Oupa Rods went for a walk around Vernon.

A short train trip later and we were back in Paris, and caught the metro home. Très belle indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment