Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Monday, May 30, 2011

Les derniers jours

So it has finally come down to my last few days in Paris and they have been truly amazing.

After arriving back in Paris on Thursday night, I went to a party at Vicki's apartment which was an impromptu farewell for Ross. It was a great night and then Ross woke me up at 5am to say goodbye as he was also catching the train to London to start his internship. Damn these people and their EU passports.

Then I actually got a bit of a shock, because I went back to my apartment for breakfast and there was a knock at the door... a man was there with two suitcases all ready to move in even though my contract wasn't supposed to end until Saturday! After a very strange conversation in French he agreed to leave his suitcases and give me the day to move my things. Luckily I had the other apartment to go to! And the strangest thing of all was that even if I was supposed to have been leaving that day, they weren't even going to clean the place! So I pretty much spent the day moving all my things on the metro, which wasn't too enjoyable.

Then on Saturday morning I went to meet Zoe and we went to Quai Branly, a museum of indigenous art from all over the world. It was in a very cool building quite close to the La Tour Eiffel.




When I saw this all I could think was "I got a new crown, it's got a gecko on it" (Madagascar anyone?)


We then caught the metro to Le Marais to go to the famous Rose Bakery, where we met Paris and had a delicious lunch of quiche, salad and fresh juice.



After lunch we headed over to Merci, a very chic cafe that donates all profits to charity, and also has a huge store that sells jewellery, clothes, perfume, furniture and crazy homewares.





Paris then invited us back to his new studio which is in the very posh 1st arrondissement (he is staying another semester). To get there we walked through Place Vendôme, where The Ritz is located next to a ton of luxury shops (Chanel, Cartier, Dior etc.) We bought some baguettes, cheese and wine and had a nice chilled afternoon.



For dinner I went to Zoe's place and she cooked me some authentic Italian pasta (so delicious) and we watched the Champions League final. Villa, Villa, Villa buenos dias! For dessert and celebration we went to Grom, an incredible Italian gelateria (dark chocolate sorbet and salted caramel).

Sunday was another busy day! In the morning I had coffee with my French friend Mickael and then went to Eggs&Co. with Jenna for some final deliciousness.


For dessert we couldn't help stopping at Pierre Hermé, who is famous for macarons. It is ridiculously expensive but oh so good. I had pistachio, citron and one called 'Mogador' which is a combination of chocolate and passionfruit.



It was then time to head over to the Canal St Martin in the 20th to go for drinks at Le Comptoir General, a very cool bar in a huge old building that sells coconut beer.





I was pretty tired by the afternoon, so went home and did a bit of packing before going to meet Hillary and her sister for their last dinner. Jake also made it back to Paris for one last night. I am going to miss them like crazy!!


Monday was a crazy day of admin, printing tickets, organising to have a box shipped home etc. etc. and we couldn't help posing for a photo in the 'Peniche', the entrance hall of SciencesPo where everyone sits in the morning and reads the paper whilst waiting for people/class/DSK...


It was then time to head back for a final pack, before going to Rue Mouffetard for drinks with my friends and a delicious crêpe dinner (smoked salmon, spinach, cheese and crème fraiche)! I seriously can't believe it is my last night in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment