Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mosquée et Musée Rodin

On Thursday night I went to meet Ross, Simon, Zoe and Hillary at the Grand Mosquée de Paris to enjoy some mint tea and tajine (meat stewed with prunes, almonds, onions, veggies and served with couscous). Unfortunately we were unable to go into the mosque, as it had already closed, but the restaurant is still beautiful and the food was delicious.






After dinner we went to Jake's apartment in Le Marais for a few drinks before heading home for some much-needed sleep!

Then on Friday I went to visit the Musée Rodin, which I never got to with Mum and Chelsea given that it turned out to be closed on Mondays! It was incredible, definitely one of my favourite museums in Paris. You walk in and find the most beautiful gardens, with the statue of 'La Penseur' (i.e. The Thinker) right in the middle.




The roses in the garden are HUGE!



Firstly we wandered through the outdoor exhibit, which includes many famous statues including 'The Three Shades'.






We then went to the very back of the garden and enjoyed sitting by the pond for a while. I also found some ducks :)







We then went into the actual museum, which is in an old house. My favourite pieces were The Martyr, the hands, and a portrait by Van Gogh.







Definitely worth a visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment