Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

La Tour Eiffel

The last few days in Paris have been fairly relaxing, everyone has been arriving back from their travels and settling into class. Luckily I don't have class on Mondays, so only went back today and then in the afternoon we decided to go on an adventure and climb the Eiffel Tower because it was beautiful, sunny and 15 degrees!!

We arrived at the Champ de Mars at 5pm, which is the park that the Eiffel Tower is in, and we were lucky enough to be the last people allowed to climb the stairs (as we were being cheapskates and didn't want to pay to take the lift).


We then started the long climb, up 704 stairs to the second level...


Even though I wasn't actually that keen to go back up the Eiffel Tower, I will admit the view is pretty spectacular.


I also managed to spot my future place of work, La Défense (a.k.a the CBD of Paris). Check out those skyscrapers!


We then wandered around a bit more, before catching the lift back down to the bottom.


Just as we got to the bottom, La Tour started sparkling as it was nightfall! Absolutely stunning!


Then Lucie and I went and had a celebratory crepe given that:
1. It is International Womens' Day
2. It is International Pancake Day
3. We had just climbed 704 stairs

Now shame about that 8am lecture...


No comments:

Post a Comment