Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vamos a la playa

= we're going to the beach.

So the last two days of Valencia were amazing, Thursday we did a bit of shopping in the afternoon after class and on Friday I had a really good class in the morning and then went home to have a nice chilled glass of 'horchata' with Marcela. Horchata is a milk drink from Valencia made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley and tigernuts. It's pretty delicious.


Then the craziness started, because we had our final dinner all together at the house at 10:30pm, and then Fernando, Ludmila and I caught the metro to a friend's place for pre-drinks around midnight. It's actually crazy how late everything starts. Around 1am we left for 'Las Animas' an open-air club on the top level of a building on the beach.





After a few hours of dancing and many mojitos I somehow managed to get into a taxi around 4, go via the house to pick up my suitcase and got to the airport at 5:30 to catch a 6:40 flight back to Paris. I think the couple sitting next to me were slightly concerned as to my condition.

I arrived at my friend Phoebe's apartment around midday and we went for a final Parisian lunch at Le Loir dans la Théière , a cool restaurant in Le Marais famous for steak tartare and huge cakes. I ate way too much...




I was well and truly beaten my delicious lemon meringue pie (only got halfway), but the others managed to do pretty well on the apricot cheesecake!





We had a late night, as some friends came over to say goodbye and I stayed up to wish Mum a Joyeux Anniversaire so after not having slept in 36 hours I crashed very hard, but woke up early to catch a flight to Croatia!

So now I am here en Croatie avec Molly, Phoebe and Amy for one whole week, but now definitely time for sleep! adieu x

No comments:

Post a Comment