Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Back! Allez Les Bleus!!!

Bonjour everyone! Sorry I haven't been blogging since Budapest, uni work piled up and I also had a friend from Sydney staying with me so I haven't had a spare minute.

Basically I had to do two exposés on Thursday for uni, which are 15 minute speeches, so I have been spending a fair few days doing research in the library. Luckily there are always people hanging out at the cafeteria so we have time to catch up over un café crème.

However the weather has also been absolutely incredible, blue and sunny and hitting highs of 23 degrees, so we had numerous pique-niques in front of the Eiffel Tower, Invalides and at the Jardin du Luxembourg. My friends also decided to make a sand portrait of me, I told them it was all good except for the fact that I've never actually smoked a cigarette in my life...


One of the other highlights of the week has been my discovery of an incredible gelato shop just around the corner. My favourite combination is pear and dark chocolate! I did make a fair few visits this week, because it's the perfect snack to eat in front of St. Sulpice, which is also just near my place.


Whilst I did have a lot of work, I managed to hit up some of the Parisian essentials with Sarah, my friend from Sydney who is also on exchange in Europe. We climbed up the long curvy staircase inside the Arc de Triomphe and also took a stroll to see 'Paris by Night', ending at the Eiffel Tower to watch the sparkling lights.


The night after Sarah left I went to a soccer match at the Stade de France (France vs. Croatia) with Lucie, Ross and Simon. The atmosphere was incredible (Allez Les Bleus!!) but unfortunately it wasn't a great game, nil all :(


All in all it has been an excellent week and a half and I promise that prompt updates will resume as of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment