Going on exchange to Paris, but generally slack at emails, so if you really wanna know what I've been up to, feel free to hit up this blog. and please don't forget to keep me updated on your lives too! Cheers, Cole

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ios Ios Ios

So getting to Ios was quite the drama. I left Venice at 10am, caught a train to Milan, then another train to Malpensa airport. There was then a 9pm flight to Athens, which arrived there at 1:30am, I slept on a bench for 3 hours then caught a 4:30am flight to Santorini, which arrived around 5:30am. I caught a bus to the central terminal, slept on another bench for 3 hours (and got eaten alive by mosquitos), then caught a bus to the port where I got on a ferry to Ios. I think I was nearly dead by the time I arrived there at midday 26 hours later.

Nevertheless it was worth it, when we found ourselves staying at an incredible hostel, with an amazing view (I was staying there with my friends Sarah and Alicia).


Ios is an interesting place. The town itself is tiny, with just a few shops and lots of hostels.


Basically the lifestyle is as follows: eat dinner around 9, go to pre-drinks at the hostel bar at 11, go out till 4am, sleep till 2pm, go to the beach and repeat.




I particularly enjoyed the Greek food, lots of Greek yoghurt and fruit for brekkie, souvlaki, Greek salads and stuffed tomatoes!




It was a bit crazy, and I don't know how long I could've kept going for, but it definitely is a good party island. Our favourite place to go was a shot bar, which made different flavoured shots that were delicious. Chocolate flavours (Snickers, Aero, Mars), Apple Pie, Cappucino, Strawberry Cheesecake (they even gave us free T-shirts because we spent so long there).





Then all too quickly it was over, Sarah and Alicia left a day before me so I checked myself into a nice hotel on the beach for my last day before meeting my family for the first time in 6 months! Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment